What values are used to query Epic Color?

Hello,

I'm using Epic Color to diferentiate Themes amongst our list of epics. I would like to be able to query that for charts. I noticed "epic colour" is available in JQL queries, but I don't know how to determine the value of the colors we have set.

Anyone know the values associated with the different Epic Colors?

Thanks,

Ken

9 answers

This is what our color values are in JIRA Cloud.  I assume the values will be the same in all versions, but I don't know for sure.

"Epic Color" = ghx-label-1815b3a
"Epic Color" = ghx-label-2f79132
"Epic Color" = ghx-label-3d39d3f
"Epic Color" = ghx-label-43b80c4
"Epic Color" = ghx-label-54a6785
"Epic Color" = ghx-label-68fb021
"Epic Color" = ghx-label-7ac707a
"Epic Color" = ghx-label-8644982
"Epic Color" = ghx-label-9f15c75

Images disappeared:

1 - brown

2 - orange

3 - light brown

4 - blue

5 - dark blue/gray

6 - olive green

7 - dark coral pink

8 - dark purple

9 - light pink

Update - now 14 colours

ghx-label-1 - brown
ghx-label-2 - yellow
ghx-label-3 - light brown
ghx-label-4 - dark blue
ghx-label-5 - light blue
ghx-label-6 - light green
ghx-label-7 - coral/orange
ghx-label-8 - dark purple
ghx-label-9 - light pink
ghx-label-10 - lavender
ghx-label-11 - light aqua
ghx-label-12- light gray
ghx-label-13 - dark green
ghx-label-14 - dark coral/red(ish)

I posted about this in the support section and got this answer:

Please note that while the Epic Colour field wasn't designed to be used in search, there's a workaround you could use to expose it's values and use them in the Issue Navigator.

1. Add the Epic Colour field to the screen relevant to the Issue View of your Epics (the specific screen will depend on the project configuration).
  2. Display Epics of different colours in the Issue View.
  3. Note down the Epic Colour value displayed in the Issue View.
  4. Use the noted values when searching for issues with JQL queries.

I hope this helps! If there's anything that requires clarification, please let me know.

Cheers,
Dora
Atlassian Cloud Support

This worked for me, but it still wasn't really what I was after since only epics can have colors, and I was trying to look for stories with a specific epic link color.

No.  Can someone from Atlassian answer this?  What are the available settings for "epic colour"?

Thanks!

Paula

Hi, I am looking for the same information. It would be great to set a board filter based on the epic color. Thanks, Paula

Hi, Have any of you guys figured this out? I've tried with HEX codes but it isn't working. Thanks, Daniel

+1, need this as well.

Is there any possibility to add more epic colour or hex(#ff0000) in scrum board?

Can we get #000000? I only work in black. And sometimes very very dark grey.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/277554 describes a workaround for a very old version of JIRA, but it is not working in any recent version.

Epic colors can be picked from a Backlog Board by showing the Epics in left side panel and then clicking the colored drop down arrow and from the displayed pop-up of the 14 available colors. 

But I want to use a custom color (company color) and the desired one is not available in the nine colors I can choose.

The new 14 colours are also only on Cloud, not Server - why they can't just add a colour picker, or at least allow for hex support as it used to I've no idea.

Server version only have 9 colors to choose from.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,314 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot