• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

What to get some feedback on the best place to track customers in Jira.

Hello, 

I want to gather some feedback on where people track customers in Jira. I have seen suggestions to use the component field but it could be hundreds if not more. Or create a custom issuetype for customers. Love to see different strategies for handling tracking customers with tickets in Jira.

Thanks,

Erik

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Dec 01, 2020

If you want to do it without and an app the easiest would be to use an issue type for it. If you do not mind using an app you could use Insight, Atlas CRM, or CRM for Jira (the last two I found while searching for customers on the Marketplace). I have only experience with Insight, and you can configure it to be used for CRM. Using a custom field would only allow Jira admins to add/modify/remove customers, and it limits you to what information you can store about the customer.

Great answer! I did not think about the limits on customer information. Now that I think about it, I hope there's another way to do it with the base Jira out of the box. 

Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Dec 01, 2020

There used to be an article on how to do it using an issue type in Jira, I believe it was for assets but you could do it for customers instead, let me see if I can find it. And Insight will be part of Jira Service Management in the near future, and my guess is that it will be part of Jira too similar to what happened to Automations.

Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Dec 02, 2020

I couldn't find the article, but I did find this KB which describe how to use user properties, Using Lira for customer relationship management. The drawback would be that you have to create a user for each customer leading to more licenses needed. I also found this blog post that might help, Jira as a CRM – How We Put Together Our CRM in Jira  

Like Erik H likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you