What's the difference between status proprieties and transition proprieties

Karim Belhadj January 3, 2019

Hello Team

I relized that there are many proprieties to use in jira , so i dont understand which are related to status and which are related to transition ?

Regards 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2019

Status and transitions are two completely different things.  A status is an indicator of where an issue is in a workflow.  A transition is the action that enables the user to change the position of the issue in the workflow.

So, status properties apply to status, and transition properties to transitions.

Karim Belhadj January 3, 2019

thank you @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , it's okay but i demand where i can find theese status proprieties and transition proprieties .

Regards

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2019

I'd start with https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/workflow-properties-938847526.html

But, generally, you don't want to just play with them - you should have a specific need in mind and then go see if there is a way to do it.  You can make a (repairable) mess of a workflow if you just tinker and some of the properties don't work in intuitive ways.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events