What's the best way to filter issues in eazyBI?

David Powell December 20, 2019

Hello.

I'm trying to report a task list by assignee in eazyBI, but I want to filter the issues down.  I have a saved filter in Jira that only shows issues of particular types that are active, backlog issues starting within the next two weeks (by start date), and issues resolved within the last two weeks.

I have a report that shows assignee and issues in rows, but I'm having trouble with filtering down.  I tried creating a calculated member to only show the issue types I want to start out, but instead of showing all of the issues directly, they get rolled up and need to be expanded, which is unnecessary in this report.  Is there a way for me to filter issues where the end result looks as if I had selected the "Issues" hierarchy member level?

In the end, I'm basically trying to reproduce the "Single Level Group By Report" by assignee and with my filter so I can put it in a dashboard.  I don't know if there's a better way to do that.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 vote
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2019

I don't fully understand what you need to try to help you myself, anyway I'd suggest you to contact EazyBI support and ask them directly. They have good response time and they are really helpful in these cases

0 votes
Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2020

Hi,

There are multiple ways how to filter the report in eazyBI
The measure is a treasure in eazyBI.
If you select a numerical measure, the report context is affected by that measure.

Then you could filter the report by the measure.
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/create-reports#Createreports-Orderandfilterrowsbymeasurevalues

Also, you could add a dimension in the "pages" area to filter by the values of that dimension.

Martins / eazyBI support

Suggest an answer