What's the best way to deal with cards that no longer need doing?

Thomas Hind August 29, 2019

I've just joined a team who haven't refined their backlog in a long time and as such there's a whole bunch of tickets which are no longer relevant. Some don't need to be completed at all anymore, some are minor bugs or performance issues that haven't been raised at all since being created and some are things that have actually been done but not by us.

My question is what is the best way to deal with these tickets? I'm reluctant to mark them as done because they haven't actually been done by us and I don't want to delete them in case they get raised again and we lose the information contained on them that might be useful. My other idea was to create another sprint but not start it and stick them all in there but that doesn't feel quite right. Is there an alternative way to deal with them?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2019

Hi Thomas,

When I've had something similar in the past, I closed them as "Won't Do". Then they are at the end of the workflow and not in your sprints, while at the same time, you can easily see the Resolution is "Won't Do", so they are not actually implemented.

Hope it helps,
Carolyn

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2019

I agree with @carolyn french this way you can track issues that also fall into these categories.

Thomas Hind August 29, 2019

Thanks both, I'll give that a go!

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2019

Happy to help! Best profile pic ever @Thomas Hind 

Suggest an answer