What's the best gantt chart/timeline plugin for Jira?

Deleted user April 29, 2019

I'm looking to find the best gantt chart/timeline plugin for Jira that would allow us to structure issues under an Epic into a timeline with dependencies.

4 answers

1 vote
Marcin Geb _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 10, 2020

Not any, but the best Gantt chart, right?

Look at the # of active instances and the # of releases per year (both available from a plugin's page on Atlassian Marketplace). While the former is obvious, the latter indicates actively developed Gantt chart apps.

Why is 'actively developed' important? Some people believe that the Gantt chart is a classic 1930s tool. In reality, modern Gantt charts let you add 'agile iterations' overlay to the timeline, automate scheduling, manage hybrid projects, or even agile projects (at the CEO level). Roadmaps and Gantt charts blend into each other. All in all, the Gantt chart plugins get better either.

Back to the best Gantt chart -- did a quick compare sheet: https://softwareplant.com/best-jira-gantt-chart/

1 vote
Danny Coleman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 29, 2019

Hi Harris, just wondering if you found something? I'm am looking for the same thing. I'm considering BigGantt.

0 votes
Scott Torbert May 1, 2019

Jira Portfolio is a great tool.  It works very nicely if you are working in Agile.

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2019

If you are using Jira Cloud you have access to Roadmaps out of the box by using Next-gen projects. If you are looking for an app you have Portfolio for Jira, and a couple of other ones if you search the Marketplace.

Deleted user April 29, 2019

Thanks! I've been trying out next-gen projects, but that roadmap tool is really only at the epic-level. We have so many epics that we really need that timeline feature at an issue-level. Portfolio for Jira is nice, but seems to be the same thing but allows you to assign individual issues to sprints. We work out of the Kanban model, so I don't think that will be useful for us too. I should've added some context to my original post - we are not a software development team - we're a design team that supports requests that come in. We need to schedule more around dates than sprints.

Like Roly likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2019

If yo are looking for more of a scheduling tool, maybe Tempo Planner might be more of what you are looking for? I have not used it myself, so have no input on how it can be used.

Joel Carter
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 6, 2021

@[deleted] You can go beyond the epic-level with the Advanced Plan (see here)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events