What is the way to export Kanban Board workflow along with the JIRA issues

K Akshay Hegde June 24, 2022

I have a workflow defined in Kanban board (Eg. Input Study, Estimate, Design, Validate and Deliver) and i have many Story and Task under each Work flow. I want to extract a report which gives the Information on How many Story/Task are aligned to the Workflow and From how many days it is pending in that stage.

I am able to see these information on Kanban Board but unable to extract into excel or any other format. Looking forward for the help.

3 answers

1 vote
Zsuzsa Galicza [Midori]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 26, 2022

Hi @K Akshay Hegde ,

Better Excel Exporter is an app that adds export options to your Jira agile boards (and the backlog) so you can export Excel reports right from the context of the board.

This is a short tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhUTWWvZhYc

better-excel-exporter-board-export.png

(Please note that I'm part of the team developing Better Excel Exporter.)

0 votes
Deepak Rai
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2022

Directly Exporting the board is not possible in Jira but you can export it via using third party plugin.

K Akshay Hegde June 26, 2022

Thanks @Deepak Rai .. Let me explore which 3rd party tolls can support this

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2022

Boards don't have that functionality, you can use the filter query to pull up a list of tickets and then export them as a CSV.  The kanban board itself is just columns of grouped statuses, and is just a way to visualize work. 

You would have to manually calculate how long something has been in a column, because it could be in any number of statuses mapped to the at column.

There are some add-ons that likely can do this for you, however. I am not sure which ones off the top of my head.

K Akshay Hegde June 26, 2022

Thanks @Chris Buzon .. Let me explore that

Suggest an answer