What is the syntax for adding a filter

Ozzie Vilomar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 12, 2020

Hi,

I have two projects. In one project I need to use a Kanban board and from the other project I need to use a Scrum board.  When I add a filter on the Kanban board to combine and list all the issues from the Scrum board, it's including issues from other boards under one of the projects. 

I'm trying this syntax:

project in ("XXX",XXX) 

How can I specify in the syntax to list issues from one particular board under the project XXX ?

Thanks in advanced 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2020

>it's including issues from other boards 

Yes, it will, if your filter includes those issues.

Boards are not containers for issues, they are a view of a selection of issues. For any given board, if it selects an issue, it shows it.

You say

>list issues from one particular board

Very simple - you use the same filter that the particular board uses.  A lot of boards use a very simple filter of "project = XXX".  To "select issues from a board" using that filter, just use the filter "project = XXX"

Ozzie Vilomar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 15, 2020

Thank you for your answers. 

Suggest an answer