What is the recommended best working browser for JIRA?

Daniel Farrugia May 21, 2018

We are running into some issues with entering JIRA issues which requires us to re-login to have JIRA save issues. 

5 answers

1 vote
Jose Flavio August 12, 2021

2021 here and I noticed that since macOS Big Sur and last Safari version until now (14.1.2) Bitbucket and Jira runs very slow (specially when typing, do not know why). In Chrome runs well :) 

0 votes
Trevin Nimaladasa March 27, 2022

Problem with Edge for MacOs where clicking on certain dropdowns such as the Sprint Burndown chart's sprint selection will open up a new blank tab @ about:blank

This doesn't happen with Safari

This is not the only place this is happening - I will update as I find more

Trevin Nimaladasa March 27, 2022

Update - this also happens when I click on the Give feedback about Jira link :)

0 votes
robert joseph barbosa December 16, 2019

We have seen an uptick in Quota Exceed Errors on Chrome, Edge, and Internet Explorer now that we upgraded to JSW Data Center 8.4.2.

Does Atlassian recommend a specific browser?

Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2019
Like Kenneth Huie likes this
0 votes
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2018

Chrome / Firefox has been the go to for our user base (a few of the Mac users utilize Safari) 

We have seen some issues occur due to Extensions/addons in the browsers.

Edge seems to work for the most part - see alot of quirks and issues when you get into Confluence. 

IE ....well we just plain refuse to use IE for anything if possible - version 10 or lower doesnt play nice at all. 

Daniel Farrugia May 22, 2018

Thank you!  Much appreciated.  

0 votes
Software Subscriptions May 22, 2018

We have opted for Chrome Enterprise editions since you can lock down its features and have more flexibility on the add-ons that you deploy with it.  We currently deploy it with add blockers and password manager addons to make the process easier for the end user.  Chrome has shown to be flexible and reliable for our environment.  We have pushed out this with the use of GPO to ensure a more standard environment.

https://enterprise.google.com/chrome/chrome-browser/

Suggest an answer