What is the "Pending Tasks" status?

Ana Claudia Moser
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 27, 2020

Hello!

When I request the status of a task on Jira API, some tasks are comming with the status of "Pending Tasks", although searching on Jira, the status is "To Do". Does anyone knows what is this status? It will always mean that the tasks are in "To Do"?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2020

Hello @Ana Claudia Moser

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

By default, all the issue details returned in Jira REST API should be the same in Jira user interface, so I believe you must be facing one of the scenarios below:

1- You can possibly be misunderstanding the field "Status" with "Status category" in the REST API and Jira UI.

Explaining better, you can create as many statuses you need in your Jira workflow, however, they are related to only three categories: "To Do" (Grey color), In progress (Blue color), and Done (Green column). 

The status categories are used to identify in a first view in which step your issue is at the moment. You can have a better view of what categories are related to each status under Jira Settings > Issues > Statuses:

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 16.43.12.png

2 - You might be facing a cache issue with your browser, so the wrong status is being displayed in your Jira UI.

To check if you are facing this problem, try to view the issue using a different browser in incognito mode, properly comparing if the statuses are still different in the REST API and Jira UI.

If the suggestions above didn't help, please provide us with a Screenshot of the REST Call returned and another from your Jira UI, properly hiding the sensitive data it might have, but displaying the issue key and status field.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Ana Claudia Moser
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 29, 2020

Hey Petter!

It turn out to be the translation of the field. The profile that generated de Token for the API was set for Portuguese, so I believe Jira was translating the status. Once that I switched for English, my problem was solved.

Thanks anyway for your answer!

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2020

You are welcome, @Ana Claudia Moser

Thank you for letting us know the resolution of your issue. Have a nice weekend!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events