What is the impact of fixing errors after running Integrity Checker?

Gajanan Sasane July 23, 2021

Hi,

I have a quick question, what is the impact of fixing errors after running the Integrity Checker?

3 answers

1 vote
Brian Trepto July 23, 2021

Hey Gajanan,

I would like to help you, but I don't quite understand what you mean. Would you possibly describe a little more precisely what it is about?

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2021

Hi @Gajanan Sasane

seeing you request and a second similar that also received answers so far I believe you are referring to the built-in integrity checker.
It addresses kind of problems with database - including those that you are got reported back (from the other thread).

Like Nic said it fixed problems with several issues in database. It is always recommended to do a backup beforehand.

Good documentation on Integrity checker is available directly from Atlassian:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/using-the-database-integrity-checker-938847667.html

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021

The impact is that it fixes inconsistencies in your data, correcting some reporting and allowing some stuff that was crashing before because of the inconsistencies.

I don't think that's really what you are asking though, could you explain a bit more please?

Gajanan Sasane July 25, 2021

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 
Thanks for your response.
I wanted to know that what is the effect of fixing the error after completion of the Integrity Checker?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

Asking the same question, but changing the word "impact" to "effect" does not explain anything, so my answer remains the same.

Suggest an answer