What is the definition of a JIRA user?

BrittanyA June 1, 2011

Are users named or concurrent?

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
BrittanyA June 1, 2011

A user is anyone who can log in to the system, or has the 'JIRA Users' gobal permission, i.e. named users. Unlimited anonymous users are allowed on all licenses. This can be found on the JIRA licensing page.

0 votes
Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2011

JIRA License is base on # of named login. If you purchase a 10 users license, then only 10 users can be in the jira-user group. They will stop you when you try to add another user to jira-user.

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2011

By default I would have said anyone who is a member of the jira-users group

0 votes
Andrew Ardill
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011

This question seems like it could use some context. For example, what would it mean if the user was named vs concurrent? These terms are not necessarily clear, especially without context.

In the context of a question like 'Does everyone who logs in to JIRA count towards my user count?' these terms make more sense; maybe the question can be rephrased to make it more clear what we are talking about?

Suggest an answer