What is the best way to archive issues ?

Kurt Callebaut June 3, 2019

Hi,

We like to keep track of old issues. what is the best way to archive "done" issues in a project ?

Moving to another project is no option because the Issues ID is changed and renumbered, while we want to keep track of id, commits, reviews, etc..

We also want them do disappear from kanbanboard which contains "Done".

Thx,

Kurt

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2019

what are your requirements for archiving. IMO, you don't need to do anything with them. What you want to do to meet your "disappear from Kanban..." is to simply add/change your kanban's sub-filter to age them off the board. Something like this...

resolved >= -4w OR resolved IS EMPTY

change the interval to meet your needs. 

Kurt Callebaut June 3, 2019

Hi, thx.

That seems an option indeed. Though our teamlead archives them as manual action after reporting them to the management. So telling this now i realize we probably need and extra status "archieved". :) 

i will suggest both option.. thanks again for the response.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2019

FWIW, the only reason to have an Archived status is if you want to be able to separate "Done" from "Archived". IMO adding the extra step is going to come back to bite you and add unnecessary complexity. Of course that is just MO and I don't know your requirements. :-)

Suggest an answer