Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

What is the best Jira product for what I need?

We require a project management tool to step through an existing 7 step process flow in creation of our main product that can take between several months and sometimes the process is expressed with the efficiencies of rework to only a few days. There are also many other smaller administration processes that we could use it for. Our organization will have 40-140 people using the management tool as a producer, reviewer, authorizer or manager.

PRODUCTION - Our product manufacture has an existing process that we use with variances in the entities and inputs used to create it. Each step is completed in accordance with existing work procedures. The 7 step process progresses through each section with the organization. There are circumstances at which the process may need to loop back earlier in the process. There are authorizations, approvals ,made at each step, sometimes for multiple entities created within the one step that are combined and packaged into the released product. Reviews of each step and each entity created within each step are required before progressing and release of the product. I understand request for approvals could be automatically emailing the personnel required to do it. We require this data to be kept on our own server for privacy and security reasons. So I assume Data server will be our only option here? Any suggestions for the best Atlassian product to use here?

CONFIGURATION ID TRACK CONTROL - We also need a configuration management tool to ID, record and control our main product. We already have a process for version control but it is not in the one database, therefore not easy to maintain / report on. We need to track what process version was used, status of materials used for each entity within the product, who completed the task, each creator's / reviewer's / approver's level of competency, and the origin of product being used. Also certain documents also are created in the manufacture and release of these products. From what I've previously been told is that I would use Confluence for this. Any other options within Jira? Any other suggestions?

RISK ISSUES OPPORTUNITIES MANAGEMENT- We also would like a product best for managing and tracking our companies risk / issues / opportunities. assigning them to owners / managers and a way of display / reporting to the executive team. Any suggestions for the best product here?

GENERIC WORKFLOWS - There are several other smaller admin processes that we would like to manage with a software tool. The process flows have been established with each step requiring something such as internal creation / update / approval, external event / input / approval. Documents are usually also created during these process and would need to be tracked and reference links added to progress. What tool would best be used for this?

Any replies and suggestions to one or all of these would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Sounds like Jira Core to me. Or Jira Software if you want scrum or Kanban boards for agile approaches to work. The complexities of the processes mean I would recommend working with an Atlassian Partner to configure the workflows and issue fields.

Hi James!

You asked for recommendations for risk management software.

Our product, Risk Register for Jira, is the most popular risk management product in the marketplace and has been specially built for managing project risks.

You can download a demonstration here.

kind regards,
Craig

Hi @James Mitchell 

Taking a look at your listed requirements, BigPicture - Project Management & PPM really seems like a good match. So let me add just a few words about the plugin. It’s a comprehensive tool that supports project management in every phase, helps to plan, manage and track the projects. With it's:

- Gantt module - you can easily synchronize your Jira tasks and plan them according to your needs, visualize your task WBS, measure the progress on each of the tasks and create task dependencies

- Resource module - to allow you smooth task allocation among your resources, track the progress/workload of your individual team members, but also teams as a whole. Data is color-coded what helps in the quick identification of both overallocation and under- allocation.

-Board module - a powerful tool that allows you to visualize and plan your work across your teams, in a given PI/Iteration period, as well as show the dependencies between task assigned to your teams. The Board Module also incorporates a timeline that shows important events or milestones. Plus, you can customize the task card by using the task template creator.

- Reports module - to generate a live-reports for each of your Boxes, and also customize it according to your needs

- Risk module - where you can easily assess the risks connected to the task in your project, and also visualize it on a risk matrix

That's the BigPicture main functionalities in a nutshell - but of course, there are a lot more to explore.!

Let me know if any questions come up! I will gladly answer them.

Regards,

Adam

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you