What is the SSO bypass URL for Atlassian Cloud?

Joe Reidy March 9, 2018

Hi, I enabled SSO in my Atlassian account http://mydomain.atlassian.net but now I am always redirected to my IdP for SSO even if I'm the Atlassian admin

Is there a URL that bypasses SSO for Atlassian?

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2018

No, it needs to be set up as it says in the docs.

Joe Reidy March 12, 2018

Thank you

Morgan Simonsen April 13, 2018

Hi. I have this same problem. Our original admin account was created with the same domain as our SSO domain, so now there is now way to log in with that user anymore. We are always redirected to the IdP and logged in with our own users.

When you say "set up as it says in the docs"; do you mean that SSO bypass needs to be set up as described in the documentation (I cannot find any documentation dealing with this topic) or do you mean that when you set it up according to the docs there is no way to bypass SSO?

Thanks

Angelo Hakey January 8, 2021

I have the same issue and am now unable to sign-in to our Jira instance.  The issue with this direction is that if you are following the Azure AD integration guide it makes no mention of needing an account that has a domain outside of your org.  Either there needs to be a stand alone account that is not domain specific or there should be a bypass URL to get back in.  I can't even login now to create a support request to get help.  Please help!

0 votes
Angelo Hakey January 8, 2021

Okay, but what are we to do if we missed the part about needing to have the admin be a part of non-verified domain?  I can't even login to create a support request...

Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2021

Hey Angelo, happy new year!

Please create a support ticket from a different Atlassian Account (outside the verified domain). Please include in the ticket the email address of the admin account (on which you cannot log in) and our support team will assist you.

0 votes
Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2018

Hi Joe, welcome to the Atlassian Community!

When you enable SSO for your Atlassian Cloud products, you are advised to create a temporary side admin account with an email address that has a different domain, as your main email domain becomes claimed by the SSO provider. 

Typically, I see site admins creating an additional site-admin account on a Gmail address or something equivalent.

For more information, take a look at the documentation for setting up SAML SSO, especially the Before you begin section.

Claudiu

Suggest an answer