What is "JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) Cloud" in the quote of a renewal license?

In my Billing Estimate there is a cost for "JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) Cloud". What is that? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Kim Wall Atlassian Team Aug 22, 2017

Hi Juliana,

The JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) is a Marketplace add-on that allows for some extra functionality such as some additional automation and integration, etc. It is an add-on that was created by one of the Marketplace vendors, Bob Swift. 

Your renewal likely contains this item because it is an add-on that was purchased and installed for your environment previously.

Best,

Kim

Thank you Kim! I don't remember that I bought that add-on. What happen if I don't inlcude this add on. I current have Jira Software and Portfolio.

Thank you!

Kim Wall Atlassian Team Aug 22, 2017

Hi Juliana,

If you don't renew that add-on and the license expires, the add-on will discontinue functioning which, if the add-on is in use, will cause implementations of the add-on to break. 

The CLI page linked above does link to the documentation for the add-on. I suggest you take look at that and see if you can determine if it's being used in your environment. 

Best,

Kim

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,950 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot