What is issue.property used for?

Liam Burns March 12, 2015

When I go to Advanced Search on the issue navigator and type in "issue" (without "") then I am shown four options:

• issue
  • issue.property
  • issuekey
  • issuetype

What is "issue.property" here? How can I use it? What does it do?

I understand and can use the others but for issue.property I can't find any information.

1 answer

1 accepted

9 votes
Answer accepted
Nga Lai March 12, 2015

There are a lot of properties of a JIRA issue which you can use to search. "key" and "type" are 2 of them.

An example to use issue property to search JIRA issue as following:

project = KUDOS and issue.property["request.channel.type"].value ~ "email"

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2015

Very interesting. Is there any documentation for this? Where can we find the supported property values?

Like # people like this
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2015

Good question, Jobin - you got my vote. Im also curious about this.

Like M P likes this
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2015

Thanks @Nga Anh [Atlassian]. Looks like there is no definite set but a plugin or piece of code can add it if needed. When you said 'key' and 'type' are already available, I thought there is a definite set of properties already set on them. I got an empty array of keys when I tried this on Cloud.

Yves Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2018

@Nga LaiMay you please communicate this page documentation new location? Thank you in advance

Morgan Knicely
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2018

Server Doc: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/entity-properties/
Cloud Doc: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/jira-entity-properties/

Various apps add entity properties to an issue so the properties for your installation will be unique. You can view the entity properties on an issue via the REST API by logging into Jira, revising this URL to match your installation and issue key, and opening it in a new tab:

https://HOSTNAME/rest/api/latest/issue/ISSUE_KEY/properties/

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer