• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • What is best test case management tool you have used in your opinion? Ideally looking for tool which can plugin to Jira on demand

What is best test case management tool you have used in your opinion? Ideally looking for tool which can plugin to Jira on demand

CaptainJonesy August 10, 2014

I work for start-up Tech company and we use Jira-On- demand for bug tracking and I'm currently in the process of researching for test case management software for their our needs. Just wanted to get your opinions/thoughts on which software you think one is best and why?

Our needs

- Easy to use and learn (access to tutorials) because its not just QA that will use it

- Quick to move testcases to another module to another

- Record what testcases/modules per test and statuses (how many passes and fails)

- Ideally link to Jira on demand so if a testcase fails, you can create/link a bug in Jira

Software I've looked at so far

1.) Zephyr - Can only use Enterprise Edition with Jira On Demand it seems, Zephyr for Jira seems to have more functionality/features?

2.) TestRail - Doesn't seem that much support/tutorials to learn it

3.) Test Center - Seems require alot of process and adminstration to setup/use successful.

Thank for reading and I look forward to hear your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Chris

2 answers

0 votes
Dennis Gurock September 15, 2015

Hi Chris,

You might find our new TestRail JIRA add-ons we just released for JIRA Cloud and JIRA Server useful. You can learn more here:

https://blog.gurock.com/testrail-5-0-jira-test-management/

You can find the add-ons on the Atlassian Marketplace here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.testrail.jira.testrail-plugin

I hope this helps!

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2014

Zephyr JIRA plugin is what you need. Not sure if it works for On-Demand. But if it does, it meets the requirements you listed above. We have it and use it the same way. You can install JIRA locally and Zephyr trial to test.

Suggest an answer