What happens when the Jira Roadmap gadget has more than 50 entrie?

Jeff Toppall March 14, 2022

My Jira roadmap gadget says it will take at most 50 entries looking off the "Release" values in company managed projects? When it hits 51, does it start ignoring releases farthest in the past or just stop looking forward?  What happens in this case.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2022

Hi @Jeff Toppall 

Do you mean the built-in roadmap gadget for dashboards, or a marketplace addon one?

When I tried this the built-in roadmap gadget displayed the last 50 fixVersions, by release date, that were not archived or released.  So it appears to truncate and not support pagination.

Kind regards,
Bill

Jeff Toppall March 15, 2022

@Bill Sheboy - so you are saying if 2021 versions are listed as "Released" they drop off?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2022

Yes, that is what I am observing with my Jira Cloud instance.  I could not find more Atlassian documentation on the gadget to confirm the intended behavior.

My suggestion is:

• create a test dashboard
  • add the roadmap gadget and select all projects
  • observe the behavior
  • adjust the project setting to pick one you know has more than 50 releases 
  • observe the behavior
Jeff Toppall March 15, 2022

Thanks. I'll try that but it's actually the behavior I want to have happen.  My concern was the gadget would stop everything at 50.  Thanks

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer