It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

What do the link icons in next gen roadmap mean?

I just saw that the bar in the next gen roadmap have link icons when hovering over them.

Don't understand their meaning - Is it a new feature or just a UI addition?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Sep 17, 2019 • edited

this is a newly added feature to build dependencies between epics. if you click and hold on the link icon and drag to another epic-bar you will see how it works. To read more see the following article - manage-epics-on-the-roadmap

here is an example of a precedence I created...

roadmap.jpg

Amazing, thanks! I see in the article that the children of the epic that's selected are displayed underneath, but I don't see this feature.

Any idea why?

Jack Community Leader Sep 17, 2019

not 100% sure but this seems to be an old deprecated feature. However, I believe it may be coming back. I recall a thread discussing this. You will see the children in the RH sidebar if you click on epic.

Like Tal Levi likes this

Hi 

Just wanted to confirm that when we link two epics the dependency lines show blocked or blocked by only and no other options like duplicates etc. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

888 views 7 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you