What certification order do you recommend?

Tyler Stephens June 21, 2022

Hello,

I want to start earning certifications, what order you suggest? I am currently a Jira System Admin/Developer, we are on the Cloud and have Service, Software and Confluence. 

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

Hey Tyler, 

I feel that certifications are a personal choice on what you're looking to achieve with them. 

For me, I started with the Atlassian Badges to get a feel for the way the questions were structured.

I would suggest this order for the Cloud exams specifically. ACP-420, ACP-620, & ACP-120.

My reasoning for this suggestion is the ACP-420 exam is specifically for Service Management which is a small chunk of what Jira can do and will help reinforce JQL understanding. That knowledge will help when taking the ACP-620 since this exam is mostly specific to projects in Jira themselves. Which will help lead into the ACP-120 exam which is specific to the entirety of Jira Cloud.

In summary, starting with what I call the "building block" exams to test your knowledge and reinforce that knowledge to get to the full administration exam is my suggestion. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Have a great week, 

-Brittany

Tyler Stephens June 23, 2022

Hi Brittany,

I really appreciate your feedback and advice. I will follow your suggested path, it makes the most sense. Thanks for taking time to help me out.

Have a good one!

Tyler

Like Brittany Wispell likes this
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2022

You're welcome. 

Wanted to add one more thing, if you haven't already, I'd recommend joining the Training Certification group on the community. 

You can ask more specific questions about the training and there are discussions/articles that might be useful when looking to take the exam. 

-Brittany

Like # people like this
Jaime Netzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2022

Thanks so much for the rec for our Community group & all of the great info, @Brittany Wispell! Hope to see you over there, @Tyler Stephens👋

Like # people like this
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2022

You're welcome, happy to help! 

Like Jaime Netzer likes this

Suggest an answer