What am I doing wrong with my SLAs?

Josh Paradis May 5, 2021

I am testing my time to first response SLA and trying to make it so that "Ongoing Projects" don't count against my SLAs. For some reason they still do. I can't find much info on this but I feel like it should be simple. 

Time To First Response.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

Your query is incorrect, the request-channel-type is based on how the request is received, like email, portal, or API.

Is Ongoing project a request type? If so then your JQL should look like this instead: "request type" = "Ongoing Project" 

Josh Paradis May 5, 2021

When I try that, it says "There are no customer request types that match Project request. Use the JQL auto suggestions to find the customer request type you're looking for." But I have no idea where to find this "auto suggestion" option

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

Okay, so what are "Ongoing Projects" and "Project requests"? Are they components that you add to your requests? Or are they issue types that you have created? Or are they labels?

Josh Paradis May 5, 2021

They are both request types

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2021

Okay, so the auto suggestion should look something like this when you enter the JQL in your SLA:

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 3.19.04 PM.png

If "Project requests" is not showing up when you type it in I would make sure that the name is correct and that the request was saved. It should show up if you start typing project.

Josh Paradis May 5, 2021

This is what I have 

mvVjY5av6X.png

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2021

Okay, so it looks like you are using a team-managed project, and those do not have the Request Type field. So you would have to use a query like this instead:

issuetype = "Ongoing Project"

In a team-managed project your request type is it's own issue type, which is different from a company-managed project that can have multiple request types that is using the same issue type.

Josh Paradis May 6, 2021

Awesome! Thank you! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events