I would like to build a digital experiment program within Jira.
I did see a company that built a scoring algorithm within Jira to rank test ideas based on anticipated impact (see attached image).
How would one achieve such a thing? (I'm fairly new to setting up Jira so I have no idea how complex and hard it is).
Thanks in advance!
if you're looking for some easy solution you can try our Priotity Scoring app.
The app allows you to:
- create your own prioritization templates, define the answers and the values (so no-one gets ever confused that "YES" means 2 and "NO" means 1 or reverse),
- customize your priority scoring formula
- and then store the value in the custom field "Priority Score" so you can then JQL by it and use for automation, rank your backlog by it and show on the kanban cards.
Here is step-by-step how to build this experiment prioritization with Priority scoring app Foxly.
1. Create your new scoring template in the app and add your questions as metrics. Define the answers and give them the value you want to use in your formula for calculation. Eg: YES = 2 and NO = 1.
2. Define the formula for your Priority Score. In this case, you can just easily sum up all metrics.
3. Save the template and start using it in your project. Prioritize your issues from the Priorities table or even issue detail (after clicking on Priority Score section)
4. To enable numbers on the cards, select "Priority Score" to appear in your Kanban board settings.
I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions or feedback :)
Just a guess based upon your images. I would say that the source of these images has used a scripting addon. They have created a bunch of custom fields that collectively are assessed in an algorithm. Each field is binary (yes/no, 1/0) and each has a weight. Likely the algorithm simple adds up all of the values and places the result into the “scores” field. Not too complex I would think.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event