Weighted Jira Statistics

Kevin Lin March 25, 2023

Hi community,

I am figuring out whether I can do some calculation on statistics from JIRA, and show them in the Confluence page as a table.

For example, I want to get a weighted score on overall status.

Open*0, In-progress*5, Done*10

So if there is 5 open tickets, 2 in-progress ticket, and 1 done tickets.

I should get a table that shows the number of each kind of tickets, and the overall score 20, like below.

Screenshot from 2023-03-25 17-32-12.png

Please help providing a method to accomplish so.

Thanks you.

2 answers

3 votes
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 27, 2023

Hi @Kevin Lin,

You may look into the following standard Confluence macros to show info from Jira on Confluence pages:

Jira Chart – Two Dimensional Chart (creates an aggregated tabular view of your Jira issues, not very flexible).

Jira Issues (creates a non-aggregated tabular view of your Jira Issues: each row relates to a specific issue, you can also choose what fields you want to pull from Jira yourself).

The latter macro can be aggregated as you need with the help of the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app (this is our add-on and it supports dynamic Confluence macros). Please check our Pivot Table macro – it may help your case.

And here you may find several examples of the dashboards in Confluence created with the help of the Jira Issues macro and our app.

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

One way to do this:

1. Export to Excel with this app
  2. Add the formula in Excel
  3. Attach the Excel file to a Confluence page and display it with the corresponding macro

You can even create a custom Excel template that will save step 2 and produce the Excel file with the pre-calculated statistics.

For example, here is a template calculates "created" and "resolved" over time by aggregating them by year, month and day:

jira-created-vs-resolved-pivot-table.png

(Discl. this is a paid and supported app that we develop.)

Suggest an answer