I have a workflow in Jira Cloud with the following statuses:
Open --> In Progress --> Done --> Open
I want a webhook to be triggered when the issues transition from In Progress to Done (In Progress --> Done). I did the following:
When testing the webhook, I get the following result:
I understand why it is triggered for every transition thereafter, however I do not understand why it is NOT triggered when transition to "Done" in the first place.
It appears as if the JQL is executed before the status has changed in the database and therefore it does not take into account the new status but the previous status.
If the above is the case, then this is not documented behavior. Can you please help me?
I'm having same issue as Lefteris. My webhook is triggered on all updates of the issue, except for when it transitions to Done.
Since I can trigger the webhook in a workflow, I set the trigger in the transition to Done...and it never gets triggered. (Jira server 7.9.2).
Tried to make a workaround but this appears to be a bug.
Hello Alexey and thanks for your time.
In fact, I said it did not fire on transitioning from "In Progress" --> "Done". Thereafter, the event triggers. So after the first transition from "In Progress" --> "Done" it gets triggered. Just so that I am more specific:
Hope it is a bit more clear now.
What I meant go to the transition which goes from In progress to Done. Open post functions tab and have a look what event is fired there. If it is not issue updated event then either change it to the issue updated event or add this event to the webhook triggers.
I checked the post functions, and I saw the following:
I think that the problem may be coming from the fact that at step 3 the change history is updated (and possibly Issue Updated event is fired) and then in step 4 the issue is re-indexed. As a result, my JQL running at step 3 may not see the issue as in status changes from "in progress" to "done". I will updated the post functions and try it again. I will post the update.
Unfortunately, I cannot change the order of the default Post Actions. I guess I am currently stuck with this for now. As a workaround, I can get the webhook to be called for every issue_update event and then check in my external application what the reason for the update was. Of course this is very bad practice since I will be getting a lot of traffic when only a small fraction of that is useful.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs