Web-item Link

Hallo,

I want to build a plugin that is similar to the web-item "Link" under the "More Action" Tab in the Issueview.

How the JIRA Link plugin looks like (LinkJiraIssue!default.jspa):

My plugin should automatically choose "relates to". (The user shoudn't be allowed to change it)

The user should be only allowed to choose a issue from a specific issuetype. (e.g.: Action)

The comment field should stay how it is.

I already added the Button. Right now it only opens the default LinkJiraIssue.jspa screen.

Is there a way to get the JIRA LinkJiraIssue!default.jspa, so I can modify it? Or if not are there some .jspa examples for JIRA?

And where do I place the .jspa files? Would it be enough to place them somewhere in the plugin folder?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

You would need to hack the core code to do this, which is not something I'd recommend.

It sounds like you need to use a different page for your plugin, although you could copy the one from the code in the core of Jira of course, as a starting point.

Note also that jspa pages do not exist, they're generated on the fly by the application. They don't exist on disk. As a general rule, you can look for a file called the same with a .jsp extension, but that's not always true.

I don't want to hack the code. The Link Plugin stays how it is. I want to add a new one that is pretty similar therefore it would be great to get the code, so I don't have to do things JIRA already did and use.

I couldn't find the .jsp. There must be a way to get the code from JIRA. Do you know some better way?

I'd suggest you grap a copy of the code from your myatlassian account. If you have a commercial licence for Jira, you can download that for any version you need. If you don't have a licence, then I'm afraid we can't share the code, as it's privileged.

Ok, found it. File: linkexistingissue.jsp

Thanks for help.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

284 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you