Web hook documentation

Hi Friends,

i have create the tool by using the REST API to pull the data from JIRA but it is requires JIRA credential so i searched any other way to pull the data from JIRA. I got the "Webhook", but i could not find the any document related to that like " https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/" REST API documentation. Please update the link if you know and also i need to know whether it is works on JIRA On Demand.

Thanks,

Karthik A.

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Wrong way around - webhooks are for doing things in other systems when something happens in Jira.

Of course, the remote system might be a Jira or other issue tracking system, so your webhook in your Jira could be creating an issue in another system, but you're likely to be using a REST call in that webhook.

See https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+Webhooks+Overview

Hi Nic,

If there is any restriction to mentioned the "URL" and Whether it is needs to be a valid one...

Thanks,

Karthik A.

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.

I required the detail about the URL field which we used for call back in the Webhook.

Thanks,

Karthik

I'm not sure what "detail" you need here, especially as I don't know what external application you are attaching Jira to here.

You need to put in the URL which Jira will send the data to when the webhook is triggered. That's up to your external application.

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your update,

Karthik

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

22,160 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you