We use subtasks to track progress on stories, is there a script or plugin that counts subtasks and status?

Bruce Chalupsky July 27, 2015

2 answers

1 vote
Darren Pegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2015
issue.getSubTaskObjects().findAll {
it.getIssueTypeObject()?.getName() == "task type name you want"
}.size()

Found this on a google seach (courtesy of these guys: sub-task count of a parent issue), counts named sub-tasks to the parent.. The Status you will see on the parent issue anyway?

I did however just test this and works a treat, you do need to install scriptrunner for JIRA which is free and will definitely be a sting to your bow, if of course you know what you are doing.. It is a powerful plugin.

0 votes
Darren Pegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2015

Ah.. my bad.. its late you're in the cloud... That will teach me to read properly laugh

Though may come in future as something to be integrated with Atlassian Connect.. I'd ask the vendor Adaptavist if they can help..

Suggest an answer