We're unable to confirm that Jira license

Jean Paul Tatou April 25, 2023

Hello,

i am trying to configure a new jira server with an exixting server licence. I receive the error: We're unable to confirm that Jira license.

I just extend the support for my server licence up to 2024, so it is supposed to work, why it is not working???

I installed Jira 9, which is supposed to work with the licence i just extends.

Many thanks in advance

JP

2 answers

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2023

Hi @Jean Paul Tatou 

From looking at your account, I only see an existing license for Confluence Server and a trial license for Jira Data Center.  You mentioned seeing this error for an existing license.  Could you please let know the SEN of that license itself?  Perhaps with that information I can confirm what your license key should be.  You might have to login to https://my.atlassian.com in order to obtain an updated license key that is appropriate for the product in question (Jira server or Jira Data Center).

Depending on when that license expires can limit what versions of Jira can be installed.  The expiration date has to be after the release date per the release notes https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-release-notes-776821069.html for that version to accept the license key you have.

Please let me know,

Andy

Hello Andy,

thanks for your quick reply.

This is the SEN of my licence: SEN-10785500

I am sure the licence is for the JIra Server since i had it running on a server since 2017. I then decided to reinstall my server, on my.atlassian i was ask to provide a new Server ID to generate a new licence key, exactely what i did. Then i receiced the error that licence key  could ne be verified.

Afther that i found out that my jira server licence was for an old release than the one i installed (jira 9). I decide to renew the licence until 2024 but i stiil receive the error the licence key could not be verified.

In orther to continue my work, i generate a trial licence to work with. Now i hope the quickly have my problem been solved, so i could replace the the trial licence.

regards,

JP

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2023

Hi JP,

The Support Entitlement number of SEN-10785500 is specifically for Confluence Server.  As such, you won't be able to use this license for our Jira Server or Jira Data Center products.  That specific license is only for Confluence Server.

Perhaps you have a different SEN for Jira Server, however from what I can see it is not located within the account bound to your specific email address.  If you have a past invoice number perhaps one of our customer advocates can help you to locate that license.  I'd recommend creating a CA ticket by going to https://support.atlassian.com/contact and then select Billing, payment, and pricing.  Then under topic choose Find an invoice

I hope that helps.

Andy

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

Hi @Jean Paul Tatou 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Since you have setup/configured a new jira server, its server ID might be different than what is mapped in your existing server license and hence the license is not working. I have tagged this ticket to Atlassian Community Support engineers to have a look. If its urgent, you can also raise a ticket Atlassian Support for further help.

Hello Kishan,

many thanks for your reply.

I used the ID of the new server to update the licence key. Ok i will raise a ticket to atlassian Support.

regards,

JP

Like Kishan Sharma likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events