We currently use JIRA software to support development tea...

Michael Gleason November 20, 2020

@Monique vdB We currently use JIRA software to support development team with instant tracking. 

However, we would like to use the Atlassian software to support our entire IT organization.  Specifically we are looking to expand use to support the following IT verticals. 

ITSM, ITAM, PMO and Operational dashboards. 

Is there anything I can view and share to provide an overview and demo of the various product/modules we should be reviewing. 

Please feel free to contact me <<email address removed by Atlassian Staff>>

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2020

Hi @Michael Gleason , welcome to the Community!

I've moved your question out into its own thread to facilitate discussion a bit better.

It's great to hear you're looking at adding more teams to Jira! I have some starting information that should be helpful:

ITSM / ITAM

We've recently announced some big additions to Jira Service Management, which add additional features to our service desk product. You can check out the announcement here which should give you a good overview, and also the feature listing might help explain things in a bit more detail.

PMO

I'd suggest taking a look at our Roadmaps products. Basic roadmaps are built in to Jira Cloud and aimed at individual teams. On the Premium tier we have additional capabilities in Advanced Roadmaps, which provide overview at an entire organizational level. Here's a great primer on the features and guidance on when you might want basic vs. advanced.

Operational dashboards

Jira Software and Jira Service Management provide some dashboards out-of-the-box that fit many team's needs! In addition to what's built in, we also have an app Marketplace where many publishers have added additional capabilities, depending on the specific needs of your teams.

I hope this gets you started! It's likely others will chime in as well with resources they found helpful.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Michael Gleason November 23, 2020

Thank you this will be a good start and will review videos.  Be in touch if I have any questions.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2020

P.S. - we're working on a tool to help with cross-team communications that might be something to add to your PMO teams. Still in development, but sign up for the waitlist here if that sounds helpful.

Suggest an answer