We created Mail handlers in jira Cloud .We need the template how to create jira ticket from Outlook

Peddiboyina Nagendrababu December 11, 2018

We implemented Mail Handlers in jira Cloud and its working fine and we need a template for creating jira tickets from Outlook.Can you guys provide me a template which shows how to mention the Complete Details(Which means complete Data of the ticket) in Outlook.

{JIRA Cloud Environment}

Best,

P N B 

1 answer

0 votes
Lucas Aguirre
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2018

Hello,

To do this, click Create New in the Outlook quick steps area. Give your new quick step a catchy name and enter the Jira email address. Make sure to keep the “subject” part. You can also specify a default importance setting, which will be used to set the priority of the new issue in Jira.

jirasoft_outlook-600x-blog-quickStepConfig.png

Also, Commenting on existing issues works pretty much the same as creating issues. Just prepend the issue key to the subject. Jira will take care of finding the correct issue and add the email text as a new comment.

You can get more information In this documentation.

Does it help you? 

Peddiboyina Nagendrababu December 13, 2018

Hi,

I Have few questions they are:

1.When we are Commenting back from Outlook to jira .How to remove the below data from that particular mail .So that the original message has to be placed in the comment box.

2.How to fill the complete ticket details from mail.For Example we have  different custom fields data and how to mention project name and issue type in mail..

Peddiboyina Nagendrababu December 13, 2018

No I didn't get the proper answer for this question.Kindly arrange a call with me so that i can explain the scenario clearly what i want...

Peddiboyina Nagendrababu December 19, 2018

I Found 6 mail handlers:

1.Create a new issue and add a comment to an existing issue

2.Add a comment from the non quoted email body

3.Add a comment with entire email body 

4.create a new issue from each email message

5.Add a comment before a specified marker or separator in the email body

6.Cloud email Handler

I

I am facing issues

1.when i am giving reply from outlook to jira .I want to (Strip the previous data)original body of the mail should be added as a comment in jira ticket .But, all the previous data from the mail are getting added.i want to eliminate the previous data of the mail.

2.While creating the ticket from mail i am bit confused how to fill all the custom field values from mail .i want the sequence or pattern in adding custom field values to ticket while creating ticket from mail to jira

And while i am choosing one of the mail handlers above it is asking for the Split Regex

Kindly let me know the proper mail handler and its respective Split Regex to eliminate or strip the previous data..

Suggest an answer