It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

We couldn't create the subtask. Check your connection, then give it another try Edited

Hi, Everyone. 

I have a user who is receiving "We couldn't create the subtask. Check your connection, then give it another try", when attempting to add a subtask to a software project board. Any ideas on how to tackle this? User is able to traverse Jira in every other regard. 

Thank you!

Dan A. - VARIDESK

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Dan.anas

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I understand that a specific user is facing an error when trying to create a sub-task from a specific issue in a board. Is it correct?

Please, provide us the following information so we can better troubleshoot the problem:

- Are there any other users facing the same problem?

- Is the problem happening when the user tries to create the sub-task directly in the issue instead of using the board like in the screenshot below?

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 19.44.20.png

- Is the problem happening only for a specific issue in the board or is it happening for any issue?

- Can you ask the user try to reproduce the problem in a different browser? Additionally, ask him to provide any errors returned in the Javascript console of the browser.

- Can you confirm if the sub-task issue has any required fields? The following bug causes an error if you try to create a sub-task with required field:

Cannot create subtasks if there is a required field on the new JIRA issue view.

Let me know if this information helps.

Tried in other browsers and different project boards  as well .. but no luck .. Out side the org network we could bale to create the subtask

Hello Rajesh,

Thank you for the information.

Since you are being able to avoid the issue outside your network, I recommend you to check with your infra team if the Cloud IP Addresses and Domains are properly whitelisted in your firewall and proxy:

Atlassian Cloud IP ranges and domains 

Once you whitelist it, please let us know if the problem keeps happening.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

245 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you