We couldn't connect to that issue

Andy Williamson July 19, 2019

Using Jira Software and the Bug tracking template to set up a Bug Tracking Database Project. I've spent some time customising the setup (issue schemes, custom fields, etc) to suit our needs. When I post an issue to the database it pops up a notification saying that the issue has been successfully created. However when I click on the link i'm taken to a screen that reports the following message

We couldn't connect to that issue

Furthermore the issues cannot be found anywhere on the database. I have waited a few minutes as suggested but still nothing, I've also had a colleague test using a different login with the same result.

Can anyone suggest what maybe wrong?

Thanks,

2 answers

2 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2019

Hello,

I am not sure what you mean by looking in the database. You tagged your question as Jira Cloud. You do not have access to the database in Cloud.

But I would check if your user has the browse issue permission for this project. Also try to use the Permission Helper (System Permission helper). 

Andy Williamson July 22, 2019

Thanks Alexey, The permission helper asks for a user and then an issue, even as a site admin the missing issues do not appear on the drop down list, am I missing something fundamental?

Andy

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2019

I am not sure. It means that the issues do not exist.

0 votes
Dave_Liao May 1, 2020

I've seen this before in Jira Cloud @Andy Williamson

If you're using the new issue view, as a workaround you can switch to the old issue view, and access that issue.

Prabhu Chilukuri May 20, 2020

Hi @Dave_Liao ,

I turned off the new issues view. But NO LUCK

Shayan Memari May 4, 2021

I had trouble linking a ticket all of a sudden after the new Jira service desk update in the NEW view.
After switching back to the old view, I could link issues without a problem.

zfinannee July 3, 2021

Atlassian has now turned off the ability to use the old view.  Does anyone have any other ideas?   I'm migrating from Server to Cloud using the Migration Tool,  and 6 migrated issues are giving me this error.  

Like Mikhail likes this

Suggest an answer