Wanted to export Jira query to google excel. How do I?

sumi Niranjan December 2, 2014

We are using MacOS and wanted to export my JIRA query to google doc or excel. Unable to open when I save as excel. Please help.. Need a way to create a JIRA query and export to my release notes.

thxs, Sumi

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2014

Run the filter, click "export to excel"

You have not explained what "unable to open when I save as excel" means.  I'm also using a Mac, and the exports to excel are fine, both downloading and opening in LibreOffice and MS-Office.  So you'll need to explain the errors in detail, as well as if you're doing something other than the standard export.

0 votes
sumi Niranjan December 2, 2014

I have a saved filter and need to export into google doc or excel to add to my release notes

0 votes
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2014

Sumi, Are you saying you have tried "Export to CSV" from a filter and are having issues opening the file after the fact?

Suggest an answer