Want to sync n Service - 1 Software project using linked ticket

Manish Verma March 22, 2021

We are on JIRA cloud and looking to automate our service desk based on software project response. We have multiple service desk project(1 client-1 project) but one Software project. Each customer creates their tickets in dedicated service desk project and our support agent then creates ticket in software project for development team to resolve. When there is any notification/comment from Dev team then Agent copy/paste that comment in service desk ticket to notify customers.

We want to automate this manual copy/paste - as soon as software tickets get updated, we want to auto copy that on linked service desk ticket to provide an update to customers.

Can this be feasible in JIRA cloud? 

Thanks
Manish

1 answer

0 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2021

Hi Manish,

I see several ways how you can automate these processes:

• Jira Automation
    You can configure an automation rule to copy your comments to linked issues. So when you have your Software and service desk issue linked, you can setup an automation like this
    Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 09.00.26.png
  • Issue sync apps
    There are various issue sync apps which allow you not only exchanging comments, but also various other fields if you configure them.
  • There are probably some other ways - I'm leaving it up to others to suggest them.

Cheers,
Matthias

PS: I'm part of the Backbone Issue Sync team.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events