Want to create custom Plugin like iDalko(table grid view)

sgole January 15, 2020

-I want to create custom field module to create table grid like custom table grid .

-I have created custom field using below link -

https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/creating-a-custom-field-in-jira/ 

and modify the edit.vm so now its looks like below img. image.png

but its not creating an issue .(want to show table on view page after creating issue) . so now what should i do ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2020

@sgoleWelcome to the community!

Have you added custom-field to issue view screen for your project? If not please add it.

Please refer to this documentation - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/configuring-the-issue-detail-view-938845334.html

Moreover, if this doesn't help, there might be some issue with 'view' template of your custom field.

sgole January 15, 2020

yes i have added custom-field to issue view screen .

Is it possible to create custom table field?

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2020

@sgoleYou can create any type of field, you just need to store it's data in custom tables tough.

sgole January 15, 2020

can you please help me to get solution of my mentioned problem 

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2020

@sgole  for view part you will 'view.vm'

<resource type="velocity" name="view" location="templates/plugins/fields/view/view-basictext.vm"/>
<resource type="velocity" name="edit" location="templates/edit.vm"/> <resource type="velocity" name="xml" location="templates/plugins/fields/xml/xml-basictext.vm"/>

Have you recourse type named 'view', that will be used on view screen of Jira.

I will try to create a sample to help you, but I'll need a day or two for that, running some what busy with official tasks :-)

Like sgole likes this
sgole January 16, 2020

@DPKJ what should be in view.vm exactly i am so confuse what should be in that file ..its ok if you need one or two day ,but please help me with this its been really headache .

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2020

@sgoleI'm on it. I'll surely help you.

Like sgole likes this
sgole January 16, 2020

@DPKJ   im confuse what to write in view.vm . its ok if you need one or two day (try assp ;) ) but please help me with this its been really headache for me .

sgole January 16, 2020

@DPKJ  PS.  i think i need to change "AbstractSingleFieldType" class also .(below is  .java file )

package com.example.plugins.tutorial.jira.customfields;

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.impl.AbstractSingleFieldType;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.persistence.PersistenceFieldType;
import com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.component.Scanned;
import com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.imports.JiraImport;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.manager.GenericConfigManager;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.persistence.CustomFieldValuePersister;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.impl.FieldValidationException;
import java.math.BigDecimal;

@Scanned
public class MoneyCustomField extends AbstractSingleFieldType<BigDecimal> {

public MoneyCustomField(
@JiraImport CustomFieldValuePersister customFieldValuePersister,
@JiraImport GenericConfigManager genericConfigManager) {

super(customFieldValuePersister, genericConfigManager);
}

@Override
public String getStringFromSingularObject(final BigDecimal singularObject) {
if (singularObject == null)
return null;
else
return singularObject.toString();
}

@Override
public BigDecimal getSingularObjectFromString(final String string) throws FieldValidationException {
if (string == null)
return null;
try {
BigDecimal decimal = new BigDecimal(string);
if (decimal.scale() > 2) {
throw new FieldValidationException(
"Maximum of 2 decimal places are allowed.");
}
return decimal.setScale(2);
} catch (NumberFormatException ex) {
throw new FieldValidationException("Not a valid number.");
}
}

@Override
protected PersistenceFieldType getDatabaseType() {
return PersistenceFieldType.TYPE_LIMITED_TEXT;
}

@Override
protected BigDecimal getObjectFromDbValue(final Object databaseValue)
throws FieldValidationException {
return getSingularObjectFromString((String) databaseValue);
}

@Override
protected Object getDbValueFromObject(final BigDecimal customFieldObject) {
return getStringFromSingularObject(customFieldObject);
}
}

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2020

@sgole  You wan to save tabular data or decimal data in your custom field?

If you want to save tabular data surely you need to change this.

Can you give me rough idea what you truly want to accomplish?

sgole January 17, 2020

@DPKJ  I want to create custom field of type table( same functioning like idalko table grid ). 

when i click on WBS(NO 1) button pop up will open(NO 2) as below img

image.png

and when i submit the form info. shown in table like shown below 

image.png

so i want to show the table on view issue page when click on create .

PS . i have created money custom field (as per requirement )

image.png

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2020

Ok I guess it I fully got it.

Have your solved the storage part?

In view.vm page, you will need to fetch record based on issue and custom field and then display it.

sgole January 17, 2020

no not done storage part what i have to do for that ? can u give me sample or something for view.vm file ...actually im new to jira and java as well 

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2020

Ok.

I need to work on some sample implementation to get you started, I will share it in a day or two through BitBucket or GitHub.

sgole January 17, 2020

okk thanks alot

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2020

@sgole  Found some time and have created a sample for you available here

Details,

• I have used Handsontable as sample grid implementation.
  • I'm saving data as text-area field, by marshaling data into JSON from table.
  • Table provide inline editing and context menu (by using right-click) to add more columns and rows.

Config screen,

Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 1.55.08 PM.png

View issue screen,

Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 1.49.39 PM.png

Edit issue screen,

Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 1.57.11 PM.png

Please don't use this in production without modification etc :-) it is just a sample.

Like sgole likes this
0 votes
sgole January 20, 2020

is it possible to change column name instead of A,B,C,D ? if "YES" then where? ....And also need to add child 

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2020

Surely you can do that, look at Hansontable documentation for that, I have provided you with bare minimum implementation.

You have make those changes in view.vm and edit.vm files.

sgole January 20, 2020

Ok thank you so much for your help it will help me alot .

sgole January 27, 2020

hello again , @DPKJ  I have set nestedRows: true of handsontable and can create parent child structure as you can see below ,

image.png 

but after click on update , i cant see same structure as above(doest show parent child structure ) on view page ,what should i do? please help me

image.png

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2020

Have you made same changes in `view.vm` ?

Also, check how field data is saved and how it is rendered back, it might have something to do with this.

sgole January 28, 2020

yes , i have done same changes in view.vm  . also if i remove the row it and update it is showing in view issue page

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2020

You will need to see on what event you need to store data to 'textarea' field.

Like sgole likes this
sgole January 28, 2020

ok thanks

sgole February 3, 2020

hiii ,,, handsontable is paid so it is rejected by our organization .  can u give me other alternative ?

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2020

@sgole  There many Data-table/grid implemetation available for JS these days, you can choose from them. Here is not so comprehensive list given in this thread - https://www.angularminds.com/blog/article/15-useful-javascript-based-data-grid-libraries-for-web-app-development.html

I have used Handsontable just because the zip was already available on my office computer :-).

Suggest an answer