Want to Track one person task of 5 projects in one kanban board

Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

Hi Guys,

I want one solution if you can help me, Here is the Scenario:

In my Jira cloud instance, I have 5 projects which are related to product base company.

One System Analyst is working for 5 projects and management wants to track his all tasks in one kanban board where they can track how many tasks are in-progess,done in TO-DO status etc.

These tasks on his board will be related to these 5 projects and some task will be different which will not related to these 5 projects. when System Analyst will create tasks which are related to the projects, tasks should be visible in his board and scrum team default board as well and status should be same. 

How can I implement it? Please suggest OR you guys have any other solution for these type of reporting Please suggest.

Regards

Monika

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

Hello Monica,

1. First thing I'd suggest is create a filter that finds all the issues assigned to this user. If the board will need to be accessed by a lot of people, makes sure you share the filter with them as well. 
    1. Click on issues, then enter your search criteria, then save the filter
  2. Click on Boards, then Create Board on the upper right hand side
    1. on the dialog box, select Board from an existing Saved Filter
    2. Name your board and select the filter you created, and then click Create Board
    3. If you need to do additional configurations, click Boards on the upper right hand side and click Configure

Hope this helps!

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2019

Where u able to figure it out?

Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2019

@edwin vasquez  Yes I am Thank you so much

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2019

Awesome! Glad I can help.

1 vote
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2019

Well we do not see your current configuration to be able to exactly say what to do.. but it is possible to have many boards for different projects. Boards are layers on top of Jira projects. Everything is related to the filter (JQL) that you would use on your board and how the workflow is configured on those 5 projects (to configure columns)

How to change the filter of a board? Below is a documentation for that

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-filters-764477988.html

So, filter could be related to the person that works on the ticket e.g show only tickets that are assigned to specific user (that have 5 projects) and if he would be assigned the ticket would be visible on his board..

On the other boards people would have filter to show all issues on a projects so they would see this person tasks and everything else..

etc.

Finally you get many boards that operate on the same data.

You have also freedom to configure columns and map different statuses to them (if not the same). So every board can have different columns even that 5 projects are using different workflow. 

See below doc for more information:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-columns-764477997.html

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer