WYSIWYG with JIRA Software?

Chris Bye December 15, 2016

I am feeling like an idiot, but for the life of my I can't figure out how to enable WYSIWYG editing of issue description field in JIRA Software.

1. I am running a cloud installation, so must have the latest version?
  2. The wiki style editor is on, and I can see the toolbar that puts the wiki modifiers around my text.
  3. There is a little blue "folder" icon below the editor field that I can click to show a preview of the formatted text.

Unless I am misunderstanding something, there is an option somewhere that I can use to toggle WYSIWYG editing (exactly like what I see when I use this editor!) but for the life of me I can't seem to find it.

2 answers

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2016

Hi Chris,

I think the Atlassian are still working on putting WYSIWYG/visual editor in Cloud. See the 'Atlassian Update' panel in:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-8943

i.e. It was introduced in JIRA Server 7.2, but is not yet in Cloud.

Sam

Chris Bye December 16, 2016

Awesome, thanks Sam. It's a bit confusing...because when I clicked on the "Install" button on the JIRA Rich Text page, it told me that it was already installed in my Cloud instance. But maybe they meant the wiki stuff and I was misunderstanding.

Good to know they're working on it.

0 votes
Chris Bye December 15, 2016

That is, I don't see the following tabs at the bottom of my Description fields, and would like to see them:

image2016-12-15 16:53:4.png

Suggest an answer