WIP limits for SCRUM

Tomas Botek November 15, 2019

Hi,

is there a way how to set up WIP limits on the SCRUM board? I know it in kanban board and I know this technique comes originally from Kanban based methodologies, but it would be handy for me to set it on SCRUM board as well.

I know I can somehow emulate the SCRUM in Kanban board, but I would prefer to use directly SCRUM as it is (you see how many days left in the sprint, the backlog view is slightly different etc.).

Reasoning: We have the "For Review" column and things are stacking there (despite there is an exact person attached). We have been talking about it several times, but I do understand that those reviews are something like 2nd class citizens (and I am ok with that).

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2019

Hi @Tomas Botek 

Yes you can! Go to Board settings, then select Column management. Click on the column constraint dropdown and choose an option other than None. Then each column can have a Max set

Tomas Botek November 18, 2019

Got it, thanks!

Like Shoaib Ahmed likes this

Suggest an answer