Visibility of user groups when setting permission scheme

I recently ran into an odd situation where I add a couple new user groups, the 21st and 22nd group, and wanted to add those groups to a project permission scheme.  The group names were not visible in the drop down list box (DDLB).  At the top of the DDLB the text says "showing 20 of 22 matching groups".   JIRA does not allow me to select nor reduce the list by entering text to find these newly entered groups.  

I have to go out and delete a few groups to be able to select the groups that I want to set permissions with.

3 answers

Same issue here, even typing in the first letter of the group doesn't show it

Just checked it again.   Even when I type a few letters in the "group" drop down list box, the system does find nor displays similar matches.  Very frustrating.

In case anyone runs into this snag again, just start typing in the drop down list box itself and the invisible groups will show up.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,803 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot