Visibility of fields

Hi together,
im pretty new in JIRA-world. I have an administration question to JIRA 6.1.4: For reasons of transparency, our customizer is also allowed to use JIRA. But there are some fields in issues, which he isn't allowed to see, e.g. the fields for the time tracking.
What it is an easy way to reach that goal?
Thanks a lot!
Martin

2 answers

0 vote

Not off the shelf, but Quisapps "field security" addon does the trick.

Your users will still be able to work out that fields exist, but they won't see the content of them.

Thanks for the answer. Is there no way, to configure JIRA in such kind of way, that you don't have to pay for that?

There's a few things that can be hidden, but not a lot. Some people try it with javascript, but that's a useless bodge because the data is still in the html, and it comes out in the reporting as well. Atlassian promote their tools as open and collaborative, and hiding information is the opposite of that, so they've taken the deliberate decision not to do it. And let an expert fill the niche for them. (There are some other things around that try to hide fields, but Quisapps pretty much got the niche covered, and they do it well)

Gah, sorry, the short answer is "no". You need the addon.

You can try Secure Field for JIRA plugin from the Marketplace:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1212681

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,312 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot