Virus Detection Functionality in JIRA Cloud

YOLANDA CHU April 4, 2018

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any virus scan of documents that are uploaded into JIRA cloud. How can I be confident that someone within my instance has not accidentally uploaded a document with malware and open up the risk of a malware to the rest of the users? 

Is this a known issue in JIRA cloud? If so, is there a known work around or a plan to resolve this?

Thanks, Yolanda 

2 answers

2 votes
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2018

Hi Yolando

I'm afraid Jira cloud does not have virus detection functionality. 

We do have internal virus protection and it will stop the rendering of previews of affected files.

You would still require end users to have local virus protection if they download affected attachments.

YOLANDA CHU April 4, 2018

Hi Suren, Can you please clarify if this functionality is on the roadmap of the product? Thanks.

Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2018

Hi, Yolando.

I'm afraid this functionality not on the roadmap of the product.

YOLANDA CHU April 8, 2018

Thanks for confirming that Raj.

1 vote
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2021

Thanks for this post and the responses. I have just created a simiar post to understand the plan around this as Security and data integrity should be core to the system. 

Please advise if there is any progress on this?

Suggest an answer