View Issue detail screen do not show Original Estimate field.

Sandhya Srinivasan February 2, 2021

My project has Kanban Board

Create Issue screen shows Original Estimate field and Time tracking is enabled.

However, this field is NOT shown on the View issue details

1 answer

0 votes
Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2021

Hello @Sandhya Srinivasan 

Did you check the details in the configure board --> Issue Detail View

check if the required fields are available. (if you are a board admin, then you can change it, else you can view)

More information check this confluence page

Mine is a Kanban Board. Hence the Estimation is not shown when I configure the board.

Hi Clicked on Board -> Configure -> and added Effort Estimate (In hours) in Issue Detail View.

However, I do not see them in the View Issue Detail screen. I edit, I see that fieldimage.png.

Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2021

So, I understand that when you add a value to the field its is seen in the issue view, else its it not.

Do you want to see the field irrespective of it having a value ? (is that what you need)

Estimation can be in hours and in points (as in story points), scrum follows story points for better prediction and capacity mapping of the team. (this is not mandatory in jira, but Jira gives a warning when you have items without points)

Sandhya Srinivasan February 3, 2021
  1. Created a kanban board
  2. Manage Board ->Configure board -> Click Issue Detail View ->Added Effort Estimate (In Hours) field
  3. Create Issue screen & Edit issue screen does not show the field I added above (Effort estimate) but shows Original Estimate & Remaining Estimate (screenprint attached)
  4. On Card layout fields related to estimates are not visible.
  5. Issue detail screen that shows on the right side on placing the cursor on any issue, shows the field that I added but does not show the Original Estimate field (screen print attached). The Effort Estimate field that i added is non-editable.(Screen print attached)
  6. When i add value in the Original Estimate as this was the available estimate field that is editable and shown in the Edit screen. this field was not shown anywhere in Issue Detail/ Card Layout.

My Need is to be able to enter estimate, edit estimate and view estimates for the ticket.

Now i have enabled time tracking but we are not using that feature.

Create Issue Screen.PNG

Create Issue Screen.PNG

View Issue Detail.png

Suggest an answer