Degraded performance Customers may experience issues using Community search. Our team is investigating.
I recently setup a new version for our board(none had previously been configured) I added all the previously completed and incomplete/in progress tasks to the version. When I view the version report it show all the completed issues as "issue added to version" on the day I added them instead of showing them as "Completed" on the date they were completed, even though I made the version start date to a date before the issue was completed. Is there any way to change this, as we can't really see a good sprint completion summary(we are on sprint 5 not)
I am using JIRA 7.3, and for me when I add a "Done" issue in an version then in the Version report it shows in the graph" Scope change - Issue added to version" and in the report underneath the graph it shows the issue in the list of "Completed issue", this makes perfect sense to me. Since, when we add the issue we actually change the scope even if it's a completed issue and in the report it get's reflected that it's complete.
in our case we needed to create a new sub release and track the things going into it, so it sort of makes sense why it looks like it does, I'd just rather be able to have a linear graph to show the phb's that stuff got done over time and not all at the time I added them to a version.
A picture is a thousand words, so here it is...
The above shows a release called "S6.0 Beta". This public release is the sum of internal releases/milestones called RC (release candidate). We started last year with RC1 and now are working on the final one called RC5. Initially we were hoping to finish one RC before moving onto the next, but may it as is we have concurrent RC work happening, RC4 and RC5.
To report project status concisely we decided that having one Version report rather than multiple is best. So we came up with the "S6.0 Beta" release, which is a sum of RC1 + RC2 + RC3 + RC4 + RC5 ... RC1 and RC2 are completed/released. This means that our work items (stories, epics, etc.) are marked with two or more fixVersion numbers, i.e.: RC4 and S6.0 Beta, or RC5 and S6.0 Beta.
The issue is that the version report for S6.0 Beta completed story points (resolution=Done and status is "Done") graph is misleading. Majority of work (stories, epics, etc.) was not completed in January 2017 ... but along the last 9 months. Yes, the scope of S6.0 Beta was impacted when in January 2017 we added all that work to this fixVersion ... but the work was not completed in January 2017.
I hope this helps clarify the issue.
We also use JIRA 7.2.7 server with the latest updates.
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs