• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Verify Email Domain Configuration - DKIM

Hi,

I'm trying to set-up email verification so we can send emails from our domain but I need some help with the set-up of DKIM:
Does it need to be a CNAME or can we use TXT (as it usually is?)

Also, I can't access: 
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-jira-cloud-to-send-emails-on-behalf-of-your-domain-900996548.html?_ga=2.193411940.891633084.1580801370-1014103949.1519131998

It just says:

Looks like we’re off the beaten track

They say that all roads, lead to Rome.

But we’ve lost our way, so let’s try going home.

Head to our documentation homepage that does exist.

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Veera Atlassian Team Feb 05, 2020

Hi @Zowie Stenroos 

You need to setup the CNAME records as below to ensure that Jira is correctly authorised to send mail from your domain using Atlassian's email delivery provider.

s1._domainkey IN CNAME s1._domainkey.atlassian.net.
s2._domainkey IN CNAME s2._domainkey.atlassian.net.

Make sure that you follow the below steps to make it work for you.

# First of all, you need to follow the steps to verify the domain which based on your configuration it still not verified. Follow the steps described in the Domain verification documentation.
# Once this is done, then follow the steps to configure the SPF and DKIM records to your mail server as mentioned in Configuring JIRA Cloud to send emails on behalf of your domain documentation.
# The final step will be to change the project email address in project Notification page, to perform this, the user has to be both "organization-admin" and "site-admin" of the instance to make this change.

Hi @Veera

Thank you for your reply!

I know that in your guide that you want us to use CNAME but I'm asking if we can use a TXT record instead of a CNAME record? Since you usually use a TXT-record for DKIM.
If we can't, why CNAME over TXT? (just curious :) )

/Zowie

Like # people like this
Veera Atlassian Team Feb 06, 2020

@Zowie Stenroos 

CNAME is to ensure that Jira is correctly authorised to send mail from your domain using Atlassian's email delivery provider.

Yes, you can use TXT records for DKIM, but it'll not authorise Jira to send mail from your domain using Atlassian email provider.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you