Verification email not sent

Terrence Louis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2021

I tried to create a JIRA cloud instance with a separate email than this one but never received the verification email and couldn't log in to submit a support ticket. Why can I receive the email to my personal account but not my business one?

2 answers

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2021

Hello @Terrence Louis,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Searching for your name on our tools, the only email I can find is your personal one and on the Jira site, you created it also shows the personal email.

There might be a block or bounce on your business email, but to check that we would need to know the email or the domain. 

Since the community is public, is up to you to share one of the details above. You can add on a reply and then edit and remove (we have access to the history, so I could check that even if you remove it). 

Another thing you can do for me to be able to see your email here is by inviting them to the site you created with your personal email. Once you add, I will be able to see it here and check on our tools if there are any bounces.

Also, you can create a ticket with our customer advocates using your personal email (support.atlassian.com/contact > What can we help you with? > Billing, payments, and pricing) and add the affected email and the details for them to help you. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2021

@Terrence Louis 

Does the email hosting that the business email is on have filtering in place that could be picking up the verification email?  Could they be blocking certain IPs?  Can you check with your IT team first to see if there is something that is preventing it from reaching you.  Why you do that I will escalate to Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events