Verification email not received

Moritz Diedenhofen July 7, 2022

One of our User doesn't receive the Verification email.

There are noch mails in the spam folder and nothing ist blocked.

The Verification of other Users worked fine.

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2022

Hi @Moritz Diedenhofen 

I found a single user on your domain that was on our email suppression list.  The error message was

550: 550 5.1.1 ...@... Recipient address rejected: ... in virtual alias table 2022-06-17T09:29:22+00:00

I have removed that address from the suppression list.  Please try to resend the verification or invite again to this user.  They should receive this now.

Regards,

Andy

Moritz Diedenhofen July 7, 2022

Yes, now it workes. Nice, thank you.

0 votes
Uniphy November 28, 2022

@Andy Heinzer 

I am also having the same problem. Email: [redacted]. Can you please help to resolve the same?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2022

Hi @Uniphy 

I found there was a bounce message of

550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS(201806281) [BMXIND01FT027.eop-IND01.prod.protection.outlook.com]

I have cleared this suppression from our side.  However I would ask that you please review https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Unblocking-Office365-emails-for-Atlassian-Cloud/ba-p/1870108 it contains some steps that you can follow if you use Office 365 to help prevent these kinds of suppressions in the future.

Cheers,

Andy

Like Uniphy likes this
Uniphy November 29, 2022

Thanks @Andy Heinzer . Its working now. 

0 votes
gauss November 2, 2022

Hi @Andy Heinzer we're facing a similar issue for one of our new joiners. Could I please bother you for some help?
Thank you very much in advance!

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
November 3, 2022

Hi @gauss I found only one account on your domain that was not receiving mail.  There was an error of

550: 550 5.1.1 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable 2022-11-02T12:56:48+00:00

I have cleared the suppression from our side.  I would recommend to make sure that this user's mailbox is setup to receiving email from external senders.  Once that is confirmed, try to resend the invite from our services, it should work now.

Andy

gauss November 4, 2022

Thank you @Andy Heinzer, much appreciated! Works now :)

João Guerreiro January 24, 2023

Good afternoon,

I'm working for [redacted] and i've a colleague that does not receive verification email from Jira Service management account. Her email is [redacted]. Could you please help!

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
January 24, 2023

Hi @João Guerreiro I found that messages were being suppressed to that address.  I have removed this suppression just now.  Please try to resend the verification once more now.  It should work.

0 votes
nadav27 September 28, 2022

Hi @Andy Heinzer 

I am experiencing a similar issue with my email address. Could you please check if there is some suppression involved?

Thanks

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
September 28, 2022

Hello @nadav27 , yes there was a suppression for your email address.  I have removed it.  You should be able to see new notifications starting now.

nadav27 September 28, 2022

Excellent, that helped, thanks!

Like Andy Heinzer likes this
0 votes
Kai Buchloh September 19, 2022

Hi @Andy Heinzer

We seem to have the same issue with a user in our domain.

Can you get in touch with me ?

Regards, Kai

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
September 19, 2022

Hi Kai,

I found two users on your domain that appear to have been having suppressed notifications.  I removed this suppression.  Try sending to them again now.  It should be resolved.

Andy

Kai Buchloh May 15, 2023

Dear Andy,

thanks for yozr previous support.

I have the same issue again. I think I know why now, but i cant solve it without your support.

It would be great if you could have a look into our account and resend the notification.

Thanks,

Kai

Kai Buchloh May 15, 2023
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
May 15, 2023

Hi @Kai Buchloh I found a single suppression and I have removed it. I wasn't able to see any clear indication as to why this was happening, if you notice this again, please let us know again so we can try to investigate deeper here.

0 votes
santhoshkumardk August 29, 2022

Hi,

I have the same issue. Email verification email not received for one of our team members.

Could you please help. Thank you in advance.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
August 29, 2022

Hi,

I was not able the account you are referring to. Could you please post the email address of that user?  With this information we can check it against our system.

Thanks

Andy

santhoshkumardk August 29, 2022

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the reply.
Email id is: [redacted]

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
August 30, 2022

I was able to remove the suppressions of email to that address.  Try to send the verification again now.  It should be resolved.

Andy

Like santhoshkumardk likes this
santhoshkumardk August 31, 2022

Thank you @Andy Heinzer .

It worked. Appreciate your prompt help.

santhoshkumardk September 1, 2022

Hi @Andy Heinzer 

I have another request, I sent an invitation to the same email user for BITBUCKET but still, he did not get an invitation email. Could you please help?

santhoshdk@sanspro.com

Thank you and much appreciated.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
September 1, 2022

I checked another system and found a new suppression that was just generated as of today.

550 5.1.1  Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

I have removed this suppression as well.  Try sending the invite again.

santhoshkumardk September 2, 2022

Hi @Andy Heinzer 

I sent the invitation again but still did not get the email. Could you please help?

If this helps: I'm trying to send an invitation from a BitBucket user group to add this user.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
September 2, 2022

I recommend that you reach out to your mail administrator.  It appears that this address is repeatedly getting a bounce message:

550: 550 5.1.1 ...@... Recipient address rejected: ... in virtual mailbox table 2022-09-02T10:25:03+00:00

I have removed this suppression from our side, but if the receiving mail server continues to generate bounce errors such as this one, our system will flag the address as being invalid and stop trying to send messages to it.

santhoshkumardk October 6, 2022

Hi @Andy Heinzer 

We have a new email id that did not receive an invitation. Could you please help?

email: [redacted]

Appreciate your help a lot. Thank you.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
October 6, 2022

Hi, I removed the suppression for this address.  Please try to resend the invitation once more.

santhoshkumardk February 7, 2023

Hi Andy, thank you so much for helping a lot of people like me.
Could you please help in removing suppression for the following

E-mail ID: [redacted]

He was trying to reset his password but was unable to get the recovery link. 

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
February 8, 2023

Hi @santhoshkumardk I have attempted to clear the suppression from our side for that account once again.  It appears that another support agent attempted to clear that same account about 12 hours ago today.  However the very next message our system sent to that address was bounced with a response of:

550 5.1.1 <>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

That happened at a timestamp of 2023-02-08T10:29:55.000Z

I have tried to clear this again from our side.  However if this persists, I would reach out to your mail admin as this error is an indication that the mail server is not aware of that specific mailbox.

santhoshkumardk May 17, 2023

Hi @Andy Heinzer 

Hope you are doing great.

Could you please help in removing suppression for this email id:

Email ID: [redacted]

Again, thank you so much for your help and patience in this regard.

Santhosh

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
May 18, 2023

Hi @santhoshkumardk I found this SMTP bounce error on that account:

2023-04-19 23:40:58.679 550 5.1.1 : Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

I have cleared this suppression from our side.

Regards,

Andy

Like João Guerreiro likes this
João Guerreiro May 18, 2023

Good afternoon Andy,

I was triyng to access atlassian Satus page and i do not receive emails from this platform, also does not receive email for suscribe page.

May you help?

Thanks in advance.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
May 18, 2023

Hi @João Guerreiro 

I did not find any suppressions for your email address, but I did see there were a few others for users on your same domain.  I have removed the suppressions on our side for users of your email domain.  There were some delay/bounce messages such as:

451 4.7.500 Server busy. Please try again later from [156.70.150.12]. (S77714) [VE1EUR01FT027.eop-EUR01.prod.protection.outlook.com 2023-04-21T10:53:53.654Z 08DB3E87E0740D2B]

If this doesn't resolve the problem, please let me know the specific email address(es) in question, and perhaps I can investigate further from our side.

Andy

João Guerreiro May 21, 2023

Good Afternoon Andy,

Site from were i do not receive email:

Statuspage - All incidents

User and email: [redacted]

I still don't receive any email from here.

Many thanks

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
May 22, 2023

Hi @João Guerreiro 

I created a support case on your behalf in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/47/SPSP-31386

Someone from our Statuspage support team can investigate this further.

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events