Velocity processed custom field displaying 'velocity code' instead of return value.

scriptIt November 10, 2019

Hi all,

I have velocity processed generic custom field 'Last comment', which uses velocity code "$util.returnLastCommentOfIssue($issue)" to return Last comment of issue.

When this field is used as a column in JQL search screen, it works fine. However, when the same field is used in WBS Gantt chart, instead of displaying last comment, velocity code is being displayed.

Any solution?

Thank you

2019-11-11_10h46_58.png

2 answers

0 votes
Álisson Dalmago December 16, 2019

Hello @scriptIt 

My name is Álisson, I'm from Ricksoft team and I would like to help you with this question.

If your question wasn't solved until the moment, can you please reach us out through our service desk, so we can better help you?
https://ricksoft-support.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/3

Best regards,
Álisson

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2019

Velocity shows code when the code is invalid.  In this case, I'd guess that the issues do not have any comments and the code does not trap that and display nothing instead.

You'll need the authors of the last comment field code to take a look at it.

scriptIt November 11, 2019

Hai Nic,

Issues already have some comments and this behavior is only inside WBS Gantt chart column. If I include that custom field on Issue view screen, it is displaying the last comment content. I am guessing, WBS Gantt chart doesn't support velocity processed generic custom fields. I even tried some other velocity processed fields and noticed same behavior.

Suggest an answer