It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Velocity Chart is including sprints of other projects

We have been encountering a problem which Velocity Chart is including sprints of other projects.

Let me assume that there is one project:"project_1" now. All correct sprints have "Atlas" at the start of sprint name.

When display Velocity Chart of "project_1" board, there are wrong sprints like:

  • Wrong_sprint_1
  • Wrong_sprint_2

If we search for Atlas tickets with the above sprint name, there is no result. When perform JQL (project=project_1

and sprint in (Wrong_sprint_1), no result though.

Is this known issue? If yes, what is the issue number? What do we need to investigate and how can we resolve

this situation?

Any comments would be very helpful. 

6 answers

This is bug in JIRA, tracked here - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-13783

please vote on this to get more visibility, so that they can look into this and fix this.

thanks

The bug i mentioned above is for JIRA server.

For JIRA cloud this should have been fixed - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-12805, please verify.

JSW-12805 did not adequately resolve this problem, and it was clonged to JSW-13783.  However, In my opinion, the new ticket still does not propose the proper expected results to resolve the problem.

Please also check out my recent comment for JSW-13783 https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-13783 and up-vote this ticket, especially if you agree with my comments.

Voted! Thanks for the link.

Hello

 

We are facing same issue on our instance .

Did you guys get any solution ? 

Help will be appreciated .

 

Thanks

Heman

 

2 votes

We're also facing this issue at the moment on our server instance. A few weeks ago the velocity chart started to mix up our three Projects for the scrum teams. The velocity reports of two boards are filled with sprints of every team. Only one team seems not to be affected, for unknown reason. Just opened a ticket with the support as well.

Best,

Max Förster

We are seeing this now as well.  We just started using Portfolio and it started to happen.  Not sure that we are doing anything else different.

We are also seeing this issue. We just started using Portfolio also but I saw this before we put that add-on in our production environment. Don't think it is related to Portfolio. 

I've had this happen as well, but know the cause for my scenario. It happened when a ticket was once part of another project and was in a sprint on that project. It then moved over to my project, but since it was once part of other sprints, those sprints now show up in my project's velocity charts.

Unfortunately, I see no way to remove it from being in those other sprints, since they were closed out. I've considered copying the ticket and only having the new version in my project, but I'm not thrilled with that approach...

Good news! I was able to find a way to remove those other project's sprints from the ticket by making use of the "bulk edit" feature. Followed the advice listed here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/How-do-I-remove-an-issue-from-a-completed-sprint/qaq-p/123077

Removing those other sprints from it have cleared up the velocity chart. Not really great way to do this (resolving https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-13783 would be nicer) but this has worked for me in the meantime.

I'm not actually finding the issues that are causing this though. I've checked the sprints in question, and there are no errant issues.

Same here - I've run down every ticket from the errant sprints and NO tickets have the other sprints assigned or are a part of the board's filter.  There's no overlap between the board filters, no history on any of the tickets of ever being part of another project or another board's filter.  It took forever, but there is no smoking gun in the data.  What's more the errant sprints when you click on the link to them from the velocity report, they link to NOT the named sprint in the link BUT one of the sprints that's already on the velocity chart.  So the text is wrong, and the link is a duplicate. 

For example of 3 sprints on the velocity report -> Board 1 Sprint 1, Board 2 Sprint 1, Board 3 Sprint 1- only Board 1 Sprint 1 is correct.  But if you click on the link that says Board 2 Sprint 1, it takes you to the sprint report for Board 1 Sprint1!  Again, no overlap on the filters between Boards 1, 2 and 3  and nothing in the ticket history that indicated it ever was part of the project, board filter or sprint value associated with those errant sprints :(

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Metrics Fun: 2019 in Review

Hello, Atlassian Community!  I thought it would be fun to do something different for my teams' last retrospective of 2019 so I'm planning to do a "year in review" with info-graphics.  Wha...

253 views 4 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you