Velocity Chart export button

Tomáš December 20, 2021

Hello, 

I was looking for an export button for specific project in section > Report > Velocity chart.

I was informed that this option was removed. Are there any notes or anywhere where was this stated for example in which version this was removed please ? I couldn´t find no information on it.

Thank you in advance !

Here is a screenshot where the export button was/should be.

Screenshot 2021-12-20 144648.png

2 answers

0 votes
Tomáš January 4, 2022

Hello @Bill Sheboy

Thank you you for your warm welcome ! My apologize for not specifing this but i meant "export to excel button". 
Do you have any idea if this was ever option in Server version ? Or is this an option in Cloud version ?

Kind regards, 
Tomáš

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2022

Hi @Tomáš 

Please try to stick to one thread for the discussions; that will help others in the future see if there are multiple answers to a question.  Thanks!

Exporting the velocity chart to a spreadsheet or CSV file is not a feature of Cloud version.  I haven't used the Server version of Jira in a long time so I do not recall if it was ever there.  After checking I found no open suggestions for this feature.

According to this post, it is still possible to get the velocity report using the REST API, so you could call that to get the last seven sprints as a JSON file to parse: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-Get-Sprint-Velocity-Data-via-JIRA-REST-API/qaq-p/1226330

If calling the REST API is not an option, you may want to investigate the marketplace for addon JQL, reporting, or dashboard gadgets to help.

Like Tomáš likes this
Tomáš January 5, 2022

Hello @Bill Sheboy

Thank you for your answer. Exactly what i was looking for :)

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2022

I am glad to hear that.  Please consider marking the question as answered; that will help others in the future find solutions faster.  Thanks!

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 29, 2021

Hi @Tomáš -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

First thing, I am using the Cloud version, not Server.  Searching in the help I found:

At the right side of the view, there is a download/save as image button to do that, as described in this documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/velocity-chart-938845700.html

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer